EVENT: INTERNATIONAL BOXING TOURNAMENT – 5th ALGARVE BOX CUP 2023
Pavilhão Desportivo Municipal Jacinto Correia
Rua Jacinto Correia
8400 Lagoa, Lagoa (Algarve)
COMPETITION DATES: 8 – 10 December 2023
*The schedule may change due to absences. Any changes will be communicated to all teams.
Lagoa’s Sports City Hall
Name: Pavilhão Desportivo Municipal Jacinto Correia
Address: Rua Jacinto Correia, 8400-395,Lagoa
Phone: (+351) 282 380 437
Jacinto Correia Municipal Sports Pavilion, in Lagoa, has a 45m long and 24m wide nave; 6 changing rooms, side and upper bench, upper gallery on the side, weight room 12m long and 10m wide; meeting room with capacity for 50 people.
- 3 days of competition in elimination system;
- A maximum of 8 Athletes are considered for each weight category;
- Each Club or team can only enter one (1) athlete in each weight category.
Man: 54kg, 57kg, 60kg, 63,5 kg, 67kg, 71kg,
75kg, 80kg, 86 kg, 92 kg, +92kg
= > 15 bouts
Women: 52 kg, 54 kg, 57 kg, 60 kg, 63 kg, 66 kg,
70 kg, 75 kg
= > 15 bouts
- It is MANDATORY for all athletes to present themselves at the time set in the Program. The athlete who is not present is ELIMINATED FROM THE TOURNAMENT. Athletes who do not show up within the set time will not be accepted;
- Sports book;
- Identification card or passport;
- Non-pregnancy declaration for female athletes
- Dentist declaration (orthodontics), in case the boxer uses orthodontic braces.
- Male athletes may present with a beard and mustache, as long as itdoesn’t cover the neck and cannot be longer than 10 cm.
- The Official Draw will take place after the completion of the Registration and Medical Examination.
- At least one Team Official of each participating Delegation has to attend the Official Draw.
- An IBA Scoring System is to be used for the Official Draw. In case the IBA Scoring System is not working, a manual system may be used.
- Prior to competition, the Boxer must be declared fit to box by the Competition Doctors.
- The medical team will consist of 4 elements and will be organized into two groups.
WEIGHT-IN for ALL athletes
Athletes competing in the Semi Finals
Athletes competing in the Finals
- In the Pavilion there will be a Test scale electronic and dule calibrated. • A Boxer is allowed to be present at the official scales only once.
- The weight is the one shown on the scale, the body being naked except for a swimming suit or underwear.
- There is a zero tolerance on any overweight than the chosen Weight Category.
The R&J team will consist of:
- The winner of each category will be given a check of monetary value, in accordance with:
N.º of wins
Boxer who won quarter-final, semi-final and Final
Boxer who won semi-final and Final
Boxer who won Final
- Medals will be awarded to the first three places in each weight category;
- Trophies will be awarded to the top three teams. Classification is done according to the IBA scoring system;
- Awards will also be given to the Best Male Athlete and the Best Female Athlete;
- No medal or award will be given to an athlete who has not competed at least once in the Competition.
- Will be used the electronic scoring system by IBA [Ten Point Must System];
- In case of failure or malfunction of the electronic scoring system, manual scorecards will be used;
- The Algarve Boxing Association is responsible for recording all information regarding the fights carried out.
- Athletes and Coaches are only allowed to enter the Competition Zone at the time of competition;
- The Competition Zone is restricted to Technical teams, participants and duly authorized STAFF.
- Gloves and Headguards are picked up in the Competition Zone, in the Equipment area.
BOXER COMPETITION UNIFORM AND EQUIPMENT
- VEST, SHORTS, SKIRTS
o The vest and shorts/skirt should preferably be blue or red according to the Boxer’s respective corner. The Boxer can also wear uniform with national colors or club colors.
o Coaches must wear, throughout the competition, tracksuit and sneakers.
- GLOVES AND HEADGUARDS
10 oz – 48kg until 67kg
12 oz – 71kg until + 92kg.
Gloves and headguards are provided by the Organization Committee.
- PROFESSIONAL HANDWRAPS
o In ABC, the use of professional handwraps shall be mandatory.
o The materials to be used in professional bandages must be the following: ▪ Gauze Bandage:
- 2 rolls of 5 cm x 15 m Gauze (1 roll of gauze for each
- 2 rolls of 5 cm x 10 m Gauze (1 roll to create a knuckle
pad for each hand)
▪ Zinc Oxide Tape:
- 2 rolls of 2.5 cm x 13 m
- 1 roll of 1.25 cm x 13 m for between the fingers
The Local Organizing Committee will provide medical support and first aid throughout the event to all participants.
TECHNICAL AND SPORTS SUPERVISION:
The Technical Supervision of the Tournament is the responsibility of the Algarve Boxing Association and will comply with all IBA principles and rules.
GUIDELINES AND OMISSIONS
The tournament is regulated by the present Rules and IBA Technical and Competition Rules.